WHAT THE MIND OF MAN CAN ACHIEVE 29:13
HOW TO LISTEN.
These self-help audio messages can, of course, be listened to anywhere you have a audio player even while driving to and from work, or while engaged in some routine task. But to benefit the most from them, we offer the following suggestions:
1. Develop the habit of daily study and planning time at least 15 minutes a day in your office or in room at home, with the door closed.
2. As you play each messages, have some paper and a pen or pencil handy to take notes, using the R2A2 formula:
R1— Recognize each principle, idea or technique being presented.
R2—Relate it to your own situation. Ask yourself , What can it do for me?
A1— Assimilate it into your own "action bank" and consider how to use it.
A2— Act on it as soon as possible, and develop the habit of using it regularly.
3. As you listen to each message, concentrate fully, as if the speaker were with you in your room, talking only to you.
4. Whenever you hear a principle, idea or technique, or get a flash of inspiration, or suddenly discover the answer to one of your problems, write it down immediately. Don't trust it to memory. Be alert for what-to-do and how-to-do-it information.
5. Review your notes regularly, underlining the concepts that are the most important to you. Follow through with action. Put what you've learned into use.
6. Replay each message several times a year, and invite family and friends to hear them, too. With the help of these messages, something wonderful is going to happen to you and you will make it happen!